Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need advice on how to paint over top of a slanted porch roof of a 2 story house. Ladder, scaffold not fit.?

I've painted all the exterior of my wood framed 2 story house except over the porch. It slants and my ladder won't work. How do I reach the top story?I need advice on how to paint over top of a slanted porch roof of a 2 story house. Ladder, scaffold not fit.?
The safest way I know is to rent a boom lift. It has a platform w/controls in it, 4 wheel drive, gas powered engine, and reach many areas from one location. works great. There are other ways, but not so safe. Depending on your pitch of the roof, you can use a 40' ladder and lean it over your porch, pulling the feet of the ladder far enough away from the home that it will reach the roof line. I have even put the ladder in the back of my pick up truck for extra height %26amp; acts as a brace. You can use two ladders, put on either side of your porch, use ladder jacks, extend a walk board between the two ladders, and walk out on the board to reach your home. This is the best method that I use, for small jobs like yours. I am a pro painter of 26 yrs.I need advice on how to paint over top of a slanted porch roof of a 2 story house. Ladder, scaffold not fit.?
i have a chimney scaffold that you nail to the roof and adjusts to any angle. i would plank this solid and work off that . you could build a wooden platform that would do the same thing. put your ladder on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment