Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need advice on how to receive a Visa for a Mexican to come to the US with me.?

I am a US citizen living in Mexico. Since I have been here, I fell in love with a Mexican man and we are thinking about moving to the US in less than 6 months. However, we are unsure (and a little intimidated) about the Visa process. Can anyone help us on how to guarentee my boyfriend...soon to be husband...and I to LEGALLY enter the US on a valid Work (?) Visa?I need advice on how to receive a Visa for a Mexican to come to the US with me.?
A work visa is NO guarantee and since he your ';soon to be husband'; - you are better off going the K1 route.





Which means you return home, he stays in Mexico, you file Form I-129F (this can be downloaded from the website below). If this is approved, it gets sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) were a security check is done.





Once that is completed the file is sent to Consulate overseas where the K-1 interview will be held (Mexico). The consulate will send your fiance(e) (applicant) the visa application forms. Some consulates require only a checklist sent back indicating that all the forms are complete, other consulates require the entire package of completed forms to be returned.





Basiclly he will then attend an interview, if he was successful and he will be granted a K-1 visa - which allows him to seek entry into the United States for the purpose of getting married to a United States citizen. You have 90 days to get married once he enters the country.





This whole process takes about 8-10 months and costs $455, not including the marriage license, travel costs or the actual wedding.





Once you are married, you may file a AOS (Adjustment of status) to Permanent Resident and an Work Authorization (EAD).





This is the expensive part - $1,010 for the AOS and $340 for the EAD.





It total if you budget for around $2000 - for the whole process you should be fine.I need advice on how to receive a Visa for a Mexican to come to the US with me.?
You can try to get a fiancee visa (K) and get married in the US or get married in Mexico and file you I-130 and I-485. I would suggest trying the fiancee route. I was in your situation and chose to get married first and it took almost 2 years for my wife to come. As always, consult with a reputable Immigration lawyer.
Please, just make sure HE is wanting to marry you for the RIGHT reasons......
For you in this situation, it's easy.


Unfortantely my husband came to the U.S. illegaly as a baby and so our process takes YEARS.. Yours will only take months (just to put things in perspective for you) Do not be intimidated !! It is very simple.


This is such a simple case it's even best to do it alone and not even using a lawyer..





www.immigrate2us.net


^^ That's the best site for advice like this


It's a great support.
Have no clue.


Go to the American Embassy, and congrats for wanting to do the right thing.
I think your family can sponsor him. be careful just like the illegal women, they get Americanized split. He might just be playing you for papers. Think! about it you dont want to be left bare foot and pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment