Monday, August 23, 2010

Advice on how to stand our at an audition for a school play?

The play is Ash Girl by Timberlake Wertenbaker (a version of Cinderella where the characters have deeper personalities) and I'm going for a minor speaking role, either one of the stepsisters or one of the seven deadly sins. I have two possible scripts to read, one for the sisters which is easier to read and one for a sin which is difficult but I guess less people will audition for.. Which one should I read? And how can I stand out, because I know lots and lots of people are auditioning. If any one knows the play or has been the director/casting judges of a play before I would be grateful for your opinions. ThanksAdvice on how to stand our at an audition for a school play?
I think you stand out by being the best prepared. Know the show, know the character you want, and commit 100% to it when you start. Make them feel it. Pull them into your world so that when you're done it takes them a minute to realise that you're done and they're back in the school auditorium...


break a leg!Advice on how to stand our at an audition for a school play?
I found an article on ';How to Get a Part in a School Play'; here: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Part-in-a-S鈥?/a>





I hope it helps.


Good luck.
It's called talent.
Make sure your speaking is clear and concise, and also make sure you know the part well. good luck anyway.
Do which ever one you can connect to more. Go all out in your audition and don't hold back. That will make you stand out.
read the answer I gave the gal two questions before yours, that will make you stand out!
I like the answer above. Yes, you want to be comfortable with the role you decide, and dressing the part for your audition shows that you are dedicated and determined. also, remember to relax, concentrate, and don't be afraid to show emotion and body movement during your audition. Embrace it!
read the one that feels most comfortal to you, and dress as though you are ready for the part.
stand there with nothing on that should get you noticed

No comments:

Post a Comment