Thursday, August 19, 2010

Any advice on how to pick a treadmill?

I don't want to buy the cheapest but I don't want to spend a year salary on it either. I would much appreciated any tip on what to avoid, what to look for.





Thanks!Any advice on how to pick a treadmill?
How fast do you plan to run? How much do you weigh? Do you do intervals? Cheap treadmills have weak motors and cannot withstand a lot of heavy pounding. I run fast for my weight and most treadmills, even commercial grade ones cannot keep up, they top out at 12mph, which is not sufficient for intervals. If all you want to do is jog then look for something with adjustable inclines that can go at least 8mph. Go to a gym supply store and try out some of the models. Check for th flex of the board, it should give, but not be to springy. crank up the motor and see if it increases at a nice even rate or if it jumps around. You probably want a service plan for a couple of years. They may be pricey, but you need to keep it operational so you can use it. I have used a number of lifefitness models, like the 9500 and think they would be reasonable for home use. I am not a fan of the precor models that I have used.Any advice on how to pick a treadmill?
Hey. as a medical doctor i can advise you only to get the one with a flexible base. Those are more expensive but they dont hurt your knees.





hope this helps.





online doctor available 24/7 on freemedicaladvise.synthasite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment