Sunday, August 22, 2010

Any advice on how I can motivate my hubby to exercise with me?

Hi, I'm hoping you all can help us. We are in our late 40s, and both are workaholics. It's difficult to get motivated to exercise at the end of the typical 11 hour work day. (we both work that much). I used to walk or run in our neighborhood or on a trail by the river a few times a week, but I'm tired of going alone. It's like pulling teeth to get my husband to go with me. We are both tired after long days. How do I get him out of the recliner and onto the trail? And even more important - how do I motivate myself to go alone? All answers appreciated.Any advice on how I can motivate my hubby to exercise with me?
Hello,





Just so you know from the start, YOU cannot motivate your husband to do anything. Only HE can motivate himself. What motivates any of us? If the rewards outweigh the efforts, and if we see the efforts as something we want.





If you are exercising because you WANT to, and if you enjoy the results, that can keep you motivated to continue, whether with or without your husband's involvement. If he won't join you, you might consider joining a gym, or getting a running partner or exercise partner. If your partner happens to be a man, THAT might motivate your husband to do something (hopefully join you). But, don't let anything happen between you and your exercise partner beyond running or walking, or your husband might do something else! If your partner is another woman, and he sees how much fun you're having together, especially if he sees you two laughing, talking and sharing good time together, he might want to join instead of missing out on the good times. He might not even realize he's exercising; he may just see it as having a good time with you.





If you stay with your program and tone up, etc., you'll get noticed by other men wherever you two go, and your husband will certainly notice that! Pretend you don't notice it at all (but take all the pleasure from the results of your efforts as you can). Hubby might get the idea he needs to shape up or he might be told to ship out (though you of course never say a word), and that might motivate him to fix himself up! Good luck.Any advice on how I can motivate my hubby to exercise with me?
Get yourself some sexy workout clothes and believe me, he'll be right behind you!
Two words:





Strip Aerobics.
Naked yoga. I'm not joking. It exists. If it turns him on, so be it...sex burns calories too!
I've had a hate hate relationship with fixed excercise all my life. But after my 2 children something had to be done, so I went on a low carb diet for a year and lost 30 lbs. Well I hit a plateau and then put 10 of it back on and was so mad at myself I bit the bullet and moved a stationary bike my mother-in-law had given us out of the garage and into the bedroom and during the toddler's nap in the afternoon I've been doing 30 min. a day. And to be honest, seeing the weight come off has been the motivator for me. I've only been doing it a little over 2 weeks now, but 5 lbs have come off. So seeing the results is what keeps me motivated. Now as to Hubby joining you.. well.... sex is a great form of excercise! How much motivation does it take to get him to engage in that?And.. regular excercise does wonderful things for the labido. Good luck!
wear cute comfy clothes and make it fun.
Pick a race in a town that's an overnight stay and see if he'll sign up for it with you. That way you both can train for a common goal. there are plenty of fun races out there...VA Beach Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon....Disney (1/2 %26amp; Full)...etc... You could make it a fitness goal / vacation. See the link below for training plans, race ideas, and motivational tips...best of luck!





- Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment