Thursday, August 19, 2010

Do any divorcees have advice on how to cope when your spouse decides to leave?

My wife has decided to leave with our two children. Its a difficult time and I'd be interested in your experiences of the hurdles and difficulties one could expect. Thanks (here's to harmony)Do any divorcees have advice on how to cope when your spouse decides to leave?
well I was the one who decided I wanted a divorce and I took my two kids and went on about life. If you guys can get along with one another than choose to so, the more you can agree on the easier the divorce will be for you, your wife and the kids. If you have a house or any assets discuss what you want to do with them like you keep it or she does and then move on. Try and discuss visitation and such with her and write it down and get it notarized. If you guys can both come up with a reasonable amount of time for you to spend with the kids, and a reasonable amount for child support try to settle it without the battle of lawyers or a court. You need to be civil.


My divorce happened for two reasons, one my ex was a cheater way more times than I can count and two I fell out of love with him and i decided to move on with my life. I am now engaged and my kids call my fiance dad. If this happens it will probably be hard for you if you are in there life a lot. If you stay a good day and do everything you can for them than everything will be fine. My kids father is hardly ever around and child support what is that? he thinks he doesn't have to pay.


Wish you well.Do any divorcees have advice on how to cope when your spouse decides to leave?
I am sorry to hear this, it must be very painful. Try to stay focused on keeping the lines open with the ex, fake it if you have to . The kids need to see a smiling mommy AND a smiling daddy too. A lot is going to be determined by her desire to deal with this and in what manner.


It should be a game of give and take, should, some get really greedy and that is when the trouble starts.


Watch for signs and try to adjust to keep peace with her if you see trouble heading your way.


Regarding child custody, if you are able to take the children half the month, every month you will not pay child support (I guess I shouldnt assume your state is this way so check that out) But I know in many states, child support is set up regarding time spent with the children. The more you see them and share your life with them, the more they benefit and the less you pay. If you pose questions to the ex such as, you know I am not busy this weekend with ot at work, do you have any plans would it help if I come get the kids, even if the only real reason is you want to see the kids is the kids, if you make this effort you might stay better firends this way. I dont know why she left so nothing I said might work in your situtaion at all. Sorry your going through this, all decisions should be made regarding the kids best interest, not heart strings if you get my drift here.


You do what you can do. You bend where you can bend.
My mom and my dad divorced when I was 9 and I'm telling you that it was the worse part of my life but I was happier when they did because it stopped all the fighting that's going on in the house. I think you should focus on your kids more because this is going to be as hard for them too. Try to be the bigger person and make sure that the communication between you and your ex-wife is good. I'm 28 now and it still bugs me how my parents took their divorce. They hated each other and still up to this day they don't talk. I'm all grown up and have a family of my own but I still hate the fact that they are still acting immature.
First of all get a lawyer...quick becuase you need to know that you will have access tot he children. Also u need to ensure that the children are in a clean and safe environment and that being with the mother is in their best interest..if not you can challenge for custody of the children. Make sure u continue to contribute to their upkeep.
its gonna be a shi* storm.. lots of yelling court over the kids and when she wins and she will since shes the mom. you'll have to pay child support which aint cheap. try to make up with her man its worth it in so many ways

No comments:

Post a Comment