Sunday, August 22, 2010

I don't work out at all. I need advice on how to start building upper body muscle?

At the moment I am quite a skinny guy and I have barely any muscle mass on my upper body. I have been told by my brother that doing 10 reps 3 times is a good place to start with weights. Can someone advise me if this would be good or if you have your own tips for someone just starting to work out their upper body?





Also, how often per week should I use weights on my upper body?





Any diet advice would also be very much appreciated.





Thank you for your help.I don't work out at all. I need advice on how to start building upper body muscle?
Yeah thats a good place to start. use a weight that is heavy enough to make that 10th rep very difficult but you can keep perfect form. up your protein intake and studies show a glass of fat free chocolate milk immediately after a workout increases lean muscle. Use the weights every other day so your body has a rest day. when you can do that 10th rep no prob, up your weight.I don't work out at all. I need advice on how to start building upper body muscle?
I'm the same. I have talked to my cousins and they say it all starts out when healthy, ALL NATURAL meal. Throw away the junkfood pretty much. Eat all types of meats, vitamins, and calcium.





After this you need to start getting into shape by doing pushups and crunches. Gain some muscles and then try doing pullups. This is excellent for building your upperbody and chest. Doing this will make you walk tall and straight.
You need to remember that weights are the only form of exercise - your body needs aerobic exercise and really good nutrition. And a lot of times, young men become more muscular as they grow older. so with all of the suggestions given, you should do what is right for your age. Perhaps a discussion with your doctor is in order?
I really appreciate everyone's point of view. I too have my own and it certainly worked for me. You all might want to give it a chance because it saved my life and if it worked for me it could surely work for you too! Check out my blog on blogger.com How To Lose Weight Immediately. Good luck and God bless to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment