Thursday, August 19, 2010

Does anyone have good advice on how to study for a math test?

I'm a senior in high school and I need to pass this math test in order to graduate. I took it three times and even though my grade is getting higher each time (my highest score was 296 and the passing score is 304) I only have 2 more tries left.


Can anyone get me advice on some good studying skills that will hopefully help me out on the test?


Does anyone have good advice on how to study for a math test?
a) Do lots and lots of practice problems - get used to the kinds of problems you have to solve. This way, you'll be able to do them quicker on the exam...so you'll have more time to think about the harder questions and maybe even enough time to check your answers.





b) Don't procrastinate. If you need the test this badly, start studying at least a week (if you can) before the test...in fact, since you need it to graduate, even a month early makes sense.





c) Do at least half an hour of practice every day. Really helps to 1) remember how to do things and b) keep your math skills in shape.





d) Make review sheets for yourself of things like formulas, solution types, etc. It helps to look over formulas, and writing things down an extra time helps you remember them better.





e) If you study for several hours at a time, take short breaks in between to give your brain a rest. (Maybe grab a snack?)





Good luck!Does anyone have good advice on how to study for a math test?
I would reccommend reading the following e-book on how to study less and learn more. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment