Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can anyone give me advice on how to keep my newly acquired carnivorous pitcher plant alive?

Do you apply the same strategy to caring for pitcher plants and you would for venus fly traps?Can anyone give me advice on how to keep my newly acquired carnivorous pitcher plant alive?
I have pitcher plants and venus fly traps that I have kept alive for 3 years. I keep them out of direct light but still bright diffuse light, in terrium to retain moisture and only use purified water, I use a little organic humus to fertilize. Good luckCan anyone give me advice on how to keep my newly acquired carnivorous pitcher plant alive?
They will get root bound. My rule of ';thumb'; is when a plant is the same width as it's container it needs to be transplanted. Report Abuse

Put your hand in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment