Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am 6 months pregnant and I need advice on how to relieve chest congestion?

I have horrible chest congestion with alot of mucus plugging my lungs and nose. I am in horrible discomfort and I have a non stop mucsy type cough. Is there anyway I can start to breath better and get ride of the mucus in my lungs..I am desperate.. And my doctor is out,and I need help.I am 6 months pregnant and I need advice on how to relieve chest congestion?
There are good Robitussin syrups you can take while pregnant. It is mostly medications like decongestants (for nasal congestion) that are dangerous.





I was very sick when I was pregnant over the winter and my doctor gave me Robitussin. Go to your nearest drug store and the pharmacist will tell you which ones are okay.





Feel better soon!I am 6 months pregnant and I need advice on how to relieve chest congestion?
vicks chest rub is good, they have shower soothers as well, steam helps a lot to break up mucus. I think you can take mucinex as well but ask your local pharmacist. they can give you lots of good stuff to take that's OTC and wont harm the baby.
I was taking hot tea with lemon and honey when I got a horrible cold through pregnancy. You can't really take any medicine, but you can ask your pharmacist who can give you a better idea of what to take.
Have you tried using a neti pot? I bought a plastic bottle one at Target. It works pretty well on congestion.
vapor rub.


I put it in a cup and poor boiling water on it for a vapor shot effect.
viks is good. and take a decongestant.

No comments:

Post a Comment